Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bad Weeks..Noone to blame but myself..

It had probably been at least 2 weeks of being stressful and i think my stress has been reduced by at least 50%..other 50% is for the upcoming summatives and EAMSC. My worse day was last thursday when i crashed my car. Here's the story..
I was helping out by carrying tables and chairs for the NHSD..If you know me well.. I never seem to get enough sleep and i was extra tired because of Infinity Milers the previous day. When I finished transferring tables and chairs..I just had to drive home and get a good looong nap. The drive home is approx 40minutes and that just adds to my fatigue. So, i guess you know what happens next..I dozed off while driving and smashed my car into a lorry and a Kia Spectra. I closed my eyes for 5 sec and the next thing i knew i smashed..
The biggest mistake I did was i should've stopped the car at the side of the road and at least take a 15min nap but instead i chose to get home as quickly as possible so i could sleep for as long as i could. Well, The accident wasn't as serious as it could've been. It was raining heavily and i was on a highway. Coincidentally, all the cars were slow-moving and my car didn't skid when i braked after i knocked into the car.
The moment i got off the car..i apologised profusely to the lady. I was all soaking wet and my phone turned nuts after i took down the lady's number. She was really nice by the way. After discussing, We left and I agreed to call her. In the end, my parents had to settle the matter at the police station and it took them 4 hours! I couldn't make it because i had uni the next day..
At that time, I was already stressful thinking about whether i could catch up with my studies as I will be busy with the NHSD on Fri, Sat and Sun and I had tuition on the night of the accident which i really should relax and put my mind at ease at that time. Oh well, It's over and i'm really okay to talk about it because it could've been much worse and this had taught me a great lesson. The NHSD is finally over and i still have to catch up with my studies..=(..But I believe I can! I'm starting to become more and more optimistic =)

Lesson 1:
When you're tired, drive to the side of the road or somewhere safe and rest..Never put yourself or others at risk.

Lesson 2:
Bring an umbrella as you never know when it's going to rain.

4 comments:

Kasumi-chan said...

Hey...-poke poke- lucky you're alright ya? ^^ I had the exact same car accident lika ya and my car wasn't even two months old...>< Imagine...haha. Me posted on me old blog though... XD be careful next time ya ^^

Ching said...

Thanks pika-chan! (pokey pokey) i'll be much more careful next time =)..i need you to drive me around next time..=p take care!

Më| §zë said...

ooo...
careful wor...

Ching said...

yea..happy new year mei sze! =D